top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Any other questions, just let me know.

How do I get my official marriage certificate?

  • Once you've been married a couple of weeks, you can apply to Births, Deaths and Marriages. Click here for the application form.


What forms to do I need to fill in before my wedding?

Can these forms be witnessed remotely?

  • Yes, at least until the end of 2023. This has been brought in as a response to the Covid19 pandemic. 


Who can I use as witnesses? 

  • Anyone you want, as long as they are over 18. You need to have two witnesses and it's best if they both know you.


What certificates will I need to sign during our marriage ceremony?

  • Your certificates can be signed during or immediately after your ceremony. You will sign two official marriage certificates and one ceremonial one. Your two witnesses and your celebrant will also sign them. 


What happens if my celebrant is sick on my wedding day?

  • You would be informed immediately, and another celebrant found. The new celebrant would be given your script and all paperwork. You would need to show your proof of date and place of birth and identity to your new celebrant. Your marriage ceremony would then ahead on as planned. 


I'm under 18. Can I still get married?

  • If you are 16 or 17, you can but.... your partner needs to be over 18 and you'll need the permission of the court. Give me a ring and I'll explain this further.


I want to get married with less than a month's notice. Can I do this?

  • You would need to apply to a prescribed authority for a shortening of time. This is only granted in the following circumstances:

    • Employment–related, or other travel commitments

    • Wedding or celebration arrangements, or religious considerations

    • Medical reasons

    • Legal proceedings, and

    • Error in giving notice.


My divorce isn't final yet. Can I still sign the Notice of Intended Marriage?

  • Yes, but you'll need to provide proof of the termination of your previous marriage before your new marriage can be solemnised. 


What documentation do I need to show my celebrant?

  • You'll need to show proof of place and date of birth (passport or birth certificate usually) and proof of identity (passport or drivers licence usually).

Will you travel beyond Perth?

  • Have a chat to me about this.  I'm very willing to travel, but it would depend when and where of course.  The South-West? Always a winner. 

Perth marriage celebrant, bride
bottom of page